State of California
DGS Exempts Training
On November 28, 2011, the California Department of General Services exempted training contracts from advertising and competitive bidding. Contract cost must not exceed $50,000 in any 12-month period. For details see MM 11-05.
Clear Writing System Saves 5.5 Hours per Week
In today's write-race, we all have too much to write and to read! During the past year, program attendees estimate The VanWrite System saves them 5.5 hours per week. That's because VanWrite teaches a writing system that helps writers, managers, and readers increase efficiency and decrease frustration. The VanWrite system:
- helps writers get started quickly knowing they are on target,
- gives managers tools that strengthen team member communication,
- shows writers and managers how to edit for clarity,
- produces positive, measurable, and lasting results,
- implements California's plain writing requirement (govt code 6219).
VanWrite's high quality and effective writing/communication training has made VanWrite the State of California's most subscribed to Writing Program.
This powerful 1-hour briefing quickly introduces the executive team to the VanWrite system. VanWrite CEO Linda Vanderwold explains how VanWrite improves writing productivity and quality while it reduces office frustration.
Web-based, Onsite, or Blended Learning FormatsEach program format presents the essential VanWrite system elements.
- Web-based training: This 2.5 hour video instruction allows individual viewers to absorb the VanWrite system in short segments on their own schedule without travel. Viewers must demonstrate proficiency in order to print their certificate.
- Onsite programs: In 2 or 3 meetings, this 12-hour program quickly strengthens the writing culture across a business unit, or the enterprise.
- Blended training: This popular approach combines web-based and onsite programs to strengthen and reinforce good writing quickly.
VanWrite Software Protects Your Training Investment
After class, VanWrite Sentence Aerobics® editing software protects your training investment by coaching attendees every time they write. Regardless of program format, each attendee receives Sentence Aerobics Editing Software access.